Look at the map
|The theme||Look at the map|
|The aims of the lesson:||· To get more information about the adjectives: comparative, superlative
· Recognize layers of meaning of words;
· Individual and group work
2. Team work
3. Team work “Reading for gist”
4. Individual work “Project work”
|The expected result
|ü They will know more about the types of adjectives;
ü They will be able to recognize and learn new vocabulary words;
ü They will be able to find derivatives.
|The main idea||To present/practise vocabulary related to class’s hobbies and interests
· Play the next recording. Ss listen and repeat chorally or individually. Elicit the L1 equivalents from various Ss.
· Explain the task and read out the headings, translating them if necessary. Read the example sentences aloud and then Ss work in closed pairs and write the words under the headings and make sentences of their own.
· Ask various Ss around the class to read their sentences aloud to check Ss’ answers.
· Working out: understanding the implication of the work and selecting material to suit it.
|Assessment||1. Learning/ Respond logs
3. Individual whiteboard
|Homework||Ex 13 p117|
TEACHER’S NOTES ABOUT THE LESSON (WHAT WILL TEACHER AND STUDENTS DO DURING THE LESSON?)
- Organization moment
- Brainstorming questions
- Check their homework
- Divide the class into two groups
- New theme
- Main part
Step 1: Team work
Look and read the words and match the words
* Complete the following table
|Word||Know It Well||Have Seen or Heard It||Have No Clue|
|statute, convention, legislation, legislate, executive, judiciary|
Assessment: Learning/ Respond logs
Step 2: Team work “Exersises”
Step 3: Team work “Project work”
*They should work in groups to prepare project work
Assessment: Individual whiteboard
- Expression of students about the lesson